Up to L22 for an exceptional candidate
Start Date: April 2020
Candidate information pack:
- Application for Employment
- Principal Designate Recruitment Pack
- References and Monitoring Information Form
The Anglo-Portuguese School of London (APSoL) is searching for an exceptional Principal Designate to lead the opening of the primary school in September 2020. This free school is unique in that its curriculum will be taught in both Portuguese and English and promote the values and cultures of both countries. We are looking for an exceptional individual who can take a leading role in establishing the new school during the ‘pre-opening phase’. The role will then be to embed high standards for academic attainment and pastoral care from day one of the new school.
The school will be located in the London Borough of Wandsworth in an existing educational building which will be extensively remodelled during the first two years of the school’s life. APSoL will be welcoming pupils from the local area and will also offer a number of places for the wider community of South and South West London via a nodal admissions policy. Portuguese speaking as well as non-Portuguese speaking pupils are equally welcome.
You will be an existing or aspiring Headteacher or Principal who can demonstrate senior management experience and high-level responsibilities within the English schools system. You will be also able to demonstrate experience and expertise in:
- Thinking strategically to meet our vision of excellence by setting and managing ambitious and challenging targets
- Analysing data to develop strategic plans and evaluate progress towards these
- Communicating effectively with stakeholders such as prospective pupils, parents and the wider community, starting from community engagement events in the pre-opening phase
- Living the ethos, values and vision of a school on behalf of the school community.
In return we can offer:
- The support of an established board of Trustees and a skilled and engaged pre-opening team
- The opportunity to shape a school from day one and set the tone for academic excellence in the school in its first years of operation
- A diverse body of incoming students who will be eager to learn and excel in two languages.
If you are interested in being the first Headteacher of APSoL, please download the candidate information pack above. This pack offers further insights into the ethos of the school.
To arrange an informal discussion, please contact Regina Duarte at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone on 020 3417 0905.
Please submit an electronic application form with a personal statement that is no longer than two sides of A4. Your personal statement must reflect the criteria outlined in the Job Description and Person Specification outlined in the candidate information pack. Please return all the documents to email@example.com by the closing date.
Closing Date: 29th October 2019
Shortlisting Dates: 31st October to 2 November 2019
Interview and Assessment Dates: 7th to 8th November 2019
The Anglo-Portuguese School of London is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its incoming students and expects all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be subject to an enhanced DBS check, reference checks and other pre-employment checks as seen fit.