The Early Years learning environment
The Reception learning environment consists of both indoor and outdoor learning every day.
Indoor and outdoor activities are set based on all the areas of learning, these include:
- Reading and writing activities
- Maths activities: counting, ordering numbers, measuring, sorting, patterns, recognising and describing shapes
- Malleable activities: play dough, corn flour, shaving foam, rice, pasta, pulses
- Being imaginative and creative through role play, den making, investigation tables
- Gross motor skills development including: tennis, ball games, skipping, skittles